Connect and engage with TPP
Six additional substances have been included in the EU REACH regulation’s Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) Candidate List, now totaling 197 SVHCs:
– 2,2-bis(4′-hydroxyphenyl)-4-methylpentane (CAS 6807-17-6)
– Benzo[k]fluoranthene (CAS 207-08-9)
– Fluoranthene (CAS 206-44-0; 93951-69-0)
– Phenanthrene (CAS 85-01-8)
– Pyrene (CAS 129-00-0; 1718-52-1)
– 1,7,7-trimethyl-3-(phenylmethylene)bicyclo[2.2.1]heptan-2-one (CAS 15087-24-8)
The substances were added due to their endocrine-disrupting, carcinogenic, toxic to reproduction, very persistent and very bioaccumulative (vPvB) or persistent, bioaccumulative and toxic (PBT) properties.
The announcement was made by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) on January 15th 2019 and suppliers of articles containing any of the newly included substances above 0.1% (weight by weight) concentration have an obligation to communicate this information to consumers and recipients in their supply chain.
The Candidate List is typically updated every six months; therefore, monitoring of REACH SVHCs and product evaluation are imperative to companies in scope of the regulation. For more information on how TPP can help with your REACH requirements visit REACH Compliance or contact us at TPPSales@totalpartsplus.com.